Tuesday 24 September 2013

CYCLING and THE NATURAL PATTERNS OF LIFE by Jimmy Bee



 
It's awhile since I posted some of the results of my other passion, photographing the natural patterns of nature. The art is within my mind, I see natural patterns in nature and I use a camera to record those images. I may be walking or cycling along a path in the bush and I focus on a pattern which I feel would make a good image. Are my photographs enhanced? Yes and No. The pattern is not enhanced but sometimes I manipulate the colours to enhance the pattern and make what I would like to think is a piece of art.
 
Who would think that a simple patch of ferns could produce such a lovely piece of art.
 
 
 
 
 
The above image is of a small portion of a large sandstone block used in the production of a sea wall. I was taken with the randomness of the colours and how they blended as well as the texture of the sandstone.
 
 
 
 


This photograph is of a small portion of a leaf. I doubt any human artist could conceive the complexity within this pattern. Perhaps a futuristic town planner with an eye for detail could plan a residential development with similar characteristics. At least it wouldn't be boring.





You would be forgiven for thinking that this spectacle of colour was the result of the lens being squarely pointed at the centre of a volcano. In fact it is merely a dollop of sap from a Norfolk pine tree.






The above image was taken showing the pattern at the bottom of a seaside rock pool. How many times have you walked over the rocks at a beach and been so much in awe at the seascape, you failed to see the intricate detail in the little pools of water at your feet.






Mother nature can be cruel but she can also be extremely generous as in this case where she has provided a natural spectacle in the form of a piece of bark from an Australian eucalyptus tree.






It is almost as if an award winning graphic artist has added this beautiful design to the shell of the tortoise.
 
The next time you go out cycling in a park or walking in the woods or strolling along a beach or even a suburban street, be more aware of your surroundings and you too will notice the patterns of nature.
 
Cheers and safe riding,
 
 
Jimmy Bee

1 comment: