Friday 28 February 2014

NEW ZEALAND - ALPS to OCEANS BICYCLE TOUR


Excited! you bet I am, as I am one of 18 experienced recreational cyclists from U3A's (University of the Third Age) Peddling For Pleasure Group heading off to cross the ditch (Tasman Sea) to the South Island of New Zealand to take part in a ride - Alps to Ocean Cycling Tour organised by ADVENTURE SOUTH Five days of totally organised touring in this very scenic region with friends, will be heaven on two wheels.
 
As our departure date is fast approaching, I thought I might give you a summary of the tour. Well! that wouldn't be quite honest would it? considering I haven't been on the ride yet, instead, why don't you click on the following tab http://www.advsouth.co.nz/cycle, it contains all of the information you need to whet that travel lust. On my return, I intend publishing a series of posts giving my impressions both verbally and photographically.
 
In March 2013, the same group rode on a cycling tour of Hawkes Bay, on the North Island of New Zealand and if it as good as that we are in for one hell of a good time. For an insight into this tour which I highly recommend click on http://www.takarotrails.co.nz/ and for a more in depth experience open the blog posts which I published on my return from that trip.

To top it off, I have been asked by an Australian leisure clothing manufacturer to trial a new cycling jersey made specifically for the recreational cyclist. The jersey is made from a breathable mesh material, UPF 50+, is antibacterial and has superb moisture management. I have already put it through the hoop whilst riding in Queensland's 80% humidity and now I get to wear it in a totally different climate in the South Island of New Zealand. All I can say so far is it is a joy to wear and wicks beautifully. Not for everyone, granted but not all riders are into lycra either and this garment is certainly a comfortable alternative. Have a sneak preview of their website http://www.sunprotection.com.au/  and then follow up by reading my full review of the jersey on my return.

Cheers and safe riding,
Jimmy Bee
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jimmy Bee and all of the U3A cycling team, I'll be thinking of you riding the wonderful Alps to Ocean tour with my friends at Adventure South, they'll certainly look after you very well! I'll look forward to reading the updates as they come through. Travel safely. Jenny, Takaro Trails, Hawke's Bay

    ReplyDelete